The Postgraduate Medical Education Office and the Office of Faculty Development aim to support residency programs to teach quality improvement and patient safety (QIPS). We are currently developing a standardized curriculum and resources to support the curriculum delivery including PowerPoints, case-studies, and facilitator guides for programs to use as needed.
The QIPS curriculum will consists of two main topics:
- Patient Safety (available now on Entrada)
- An online primer for residents to complete prior to in-person sessions
- In-person topics
- Systems thinking and human factors
- Safe and just culture
- Responding to Incidents
- Patient Safety Facilitator guide
Supports facilitators in leading the in-person topics and adapting material for their own programs.
- Quality Improvement
- In-person session topics and facilitator guide (July 1, 2020)
For more information on the QIPS curriculum and how to use it in you residency program, please visit the Postgraduate Medical Program’s QIPS webpage.
The QIPS initiative is led by Dr. Mia Remington and is supported by Ben Rideout from the BCSPQC as well as other faculty consultants within an Advisory Group.