Call for Proposals! The 2019-2020 Call for FDIG Applications is now open! Click here to submit your Letter of Intent, due February 24, 2019.
- February 24, 2019: Letter of Intent due by 8:00pm
- March 4, 2019: Successful applicants invited to full application stage
- March 31, 2019: Full applications due by 8:00pm
- April 11-12, 2019: Successful applicants are notified
- May 10, 2019: Recipients announced at the 2019 Annual Medical Education Day
The Faculty Development Initiatives Grant is designed to support projects that improve the quality of teaching in the Faculty of Medicine.
For the 2019 grant competition, we are looking for projects with a focus on medical education innovation and research. The project should explicitly relate to faculty development and meet one of the following identified areas of need:
Innovation and Research Topics:
Deliverables package should include:
Projects will be provided a maximum of $10,000, with a project lifecycle of up to 2 years (24 months). Projects targeting the strategic directions above, multiple stakeholders across departments and/or sites, and those with broad applicability will be preferred.
Applicants must hold a current faculty (academic or clinical) appointment in the Faculty of Medicine, UBC or one of its collaborating partners. Clinical Educator Fellows in the Centre for Health Education Scholarship (CHES) who hold a current UBC Faculty of Medicine appointment (academic or clinical) are also eligible.
|Selection Criteria: Applications must…|
- Make a contribution to the teaching support done by the Office of Faculty Development
- Support the mandate of the Office of Faculty Development
- Be feasible (i.e. can be done with the budget and time available)
- Outline how their project will be transferable
- No stipends for Principal Investigator and/or Co-investigators
- Only up to 10% of funds may be intended to support travel, attendance at courses or conferences
Questions and further information
If you wish to discuss your ideas before submitting an application, please contact the Office of Faculty Development at email@example.com or call 604-675-3783.
Descriptions of grant winners’ projects can be found here!