The 2018-2019 Call for FDIG Applications is now closed!
- March 11, 2018: Letter of Intent due by 8:00pm
- March 16, 2018: Successful applicants invited to full application stage
- April 8, 2018: Full applications due by 8:00pm
- April 16-20, 2018: Successful applicants are notified
- May 11, 2018: Recipients announced at the 2018 Annual Medical Education Day
The Faculty Development Initiatives Grant is designed to support projects that improve the quality of teaching in the Faculty of Medicine. You can review our mandate here.
For the 2018 grant competition, we are looking for projects with a focus on medical education innovation or research related to faculty development:
Innovation project deliverables (one or more of):
Research project deliverables (one or more of):
Projects will be provided a maximum of $5000. Projects targeting the strategic directions above, multiple stakeholders across departments and/or sites, and those with broad applicability will be preferred.
Applicants must hold a current faculty (academic or clinical) appointment in the Faculty of Medicine, UBC or one of its collaborating partners. Clinical Educator Fellows in the Centre for health Education Scholarship (CHES) who hold a current UBC Faculty of Medicine appointment (academic or clinical) are also eligible.
|Selection Criteria: Applications must…|
- Make a contribution to the work done by the Office of Faculty Development
- Support the mandate of the Office of Faculty Development
- Be feasible (i.e. can be done with the budget and time available)
- Outline their potential to be transferable
- No stipends for Principal Investigator and/or Co-investigators
- Research Assistants’ salary must not exceed 50% of the grant amount
- Funds are not intended to support travel, attendance at courses or conferences
- Only up to 10% of the grant may be allocated to knowledge transfer
Questions and further information
If you wish to discuss your ideas before submitting an application, please contact the Office of Faculty Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-875-4396.
Descriptions of grant winners’ projects can be found here!